OCS Consulting has been providing client/server and internet application software services, using Oracle's database and development tools for over 25 years.
We provide our services in a professional, responsive and flexible manner, tailoring services to client needs. If you are looking for Oracle expertise and require help with current or future Oracle projects please contact Linda or Colin via email email@example.com or telephone 020 8731 4338.
- 1st / 2nd / 3rd line production support on all current and legacy releases of Oracle (from Oracle 7.0 to Oracle 12c)
- Real Application Clusters and HA solutions build/support/administration
- Cross platform support (Windows, Solaris, AIX, Linux)
- Backup and recovery administration (Oracle RMAN & Netbackup)
- Streams and Golden Gate replication administration
- Oracle BIG data machines support and administration
- PL/SQL, SQL and batch scheduling support
- Monitoring and alerting (OEM Grid, BMC Patrol, etc) services
- Patching management and provisioning
- Production DBA training.
- Full APEX development outsource: responsibility is transferred
- Supplemental: extending your current APEX team
- Performance tuning APEX apps
- Ad-hoc: calling in when required
- APEX training/consultancy
- Full lifecycle development.
- Supporting engineered solutions (1st / 2nd / 3rd line DBA support)
- Support for Oracle RDBMS versions 11gR2 and 12c1
- Patching and provisioning management
- Capacity planning and sizing solutions
- Backup and recovery solutions, design and implementation
- Resource management, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Conversion and cutover solutions from legacy Oracle and non Oracle systems
- Consultancy and training.
- Database server performance analysis and tuning
- Application (SQL, PL/SQL) tuning
- Real Application Testing (RAT)
- Scalability, stress and endurance testing
- Oracle Exadata performance analysis and tuning
- Consultancy and training.
- Platform engineering (Windows, Solaris, AIX, Linux)
- Database storage engineering (SAN, NFS, DNFS, ZFS)
- Engineering build and Gold Disk provisioning
- Real Application Clusters design and build
- Backup solutions design, commissioning and deployment
- Consultancy and training.
Some Success Stories
A leading Media Company
OCS Consultants undertook multiple Oracle database legacy conversion from 11gR1 to 11gR2 (184.108.40.206) Exadata as a consolidation platform exercise for a number of high end transactional billing and distribution systems. Databases of various sizes are in the process of migration, the smallest 200gb the largest 20Tb. In moving to a 2 compute node Oracle Exadata X3 platform (OEL V5.5), OCS was also tasked with looking at ways of improving throughput, increasing system stability and driving down storage costs.
An International Travel Company
OCS offered 3rd line support for a new Exadata 11gR2 (X2 half rack 4 compute and 7 cell node) deployment covering a variety of Oracle database types (Datawarehouse. OLTP and DS system) as a consolidation engine. OCS initially reviewed current performance issues with the DSS loaded application, determined the root cause, having checked cell/compute node utilisation, recommended plan stability fixes using SPM and implemented these changes resulting in a tenfold reduction in batch runtimes to bring application runs in tolerance.
A large UK Investment Bank
OCS Consultants were tasked to analyse, full performance review and recommended beneficial improvements to the Banks critical business systems, for high net worth individuals and corporate clients, running on either Investment or Retail Bank Oracle database infrastructures. To assist 1st line production support DBAs in performance and stability problem diagnosis and resolution of production issues on a number of systems under review, supported production rollout of code, tuned pre-release code/test harnesses and performance engineered production solutions fit for production running and migration strategies from legacy Oracle solutions to Linux/Oracle RAC cloud based infrastructure. This has been across platform and operating versions including AIX, Solaris and Linux (Red Hat 6) covering Oracle 10gR2/1, 11gR2/1 and Oracle 12c.
A Multinational Software House
OCS Consultants were involved in assisting with a 22,000 concurrent user performance test covering the whole business lifecycle for online day peak hour processing, batch overnight activities, Oracle Apex front end development, Oracle Streams replication and data migration utilities. Also responsible for upgrade of the database architecture from Oracle RAC 10gR2 to 11gR2 (1 terabyte database) performance engineering regression testing and evaluation of new 11g performance features under full peak load.
A European Telecoms Regulator
OCS Consultants were asked to design, engineer and build Oracle 64 bit 11gR2 Linux RedHat 5.5 RAC clusters to support the clients Spectrum Analysis application with full disaster recovery infrastructure using Oracle Dataguard for both pre-production (UAT) and production services. The current production system (MS Windows Server 2003) was underperforming and experiencing serious performance degradation when under load. Implementing Red Hat 5.5 Linux the solution improved the business with significantly enhanced systems stability and reliability. This deployment was delivered ahead of schedule and on budget.
UK Internet Gaming Company
OCS were asked to undertake full performance engineering analysis on the core trading system supporting 10,000 concurrent sessions across two RAC Linux Red Hat 5.4 clusters running Oracle 11gR2 CRS and 11gR2 RDBMS on a 1.3 terabyte OLTP database.