OCS Consulting has a 20+ year history of providing a broad range of services focussed on IT Infrastructure. This has encompassed full facilities management, support of IT environments, implementation projects and specific consultancy assignments.
Servicing customers from a wide range of sectors has enabled OCS' staff based infrastructure engineers and consultants to gain a wide range of experience, which our valued customers can benefit from.
- Microsoft Silver Partner accreditation, including accredited engineers
- Partnerships with other market leading vendors, such as Barracuda, Eset, Symantec and Sonicwall/Dell
- Experience of best practice solutions and processes
- Flexible and responsive services
- Knowledge sharing and skills transfer
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Cost effective and efficient
- Reliable and dependable with over 80% of our business being from previous customers.
Key Skills & Services
OCS has many years' experience of providing services and solutions primarily based on Microsoft and other leading vendor technologies. These services have been provided whilst working independently and being accountable for successful delivery, supplementing a customer's in-house IT team or undertaking a specific assignment/project:
- Installation, configuration and support of Microsoft products; server products, desktop applications and operating systems
- Firewall, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, VPN and Web Filtering/monitoring solutions
- Software migrations, upgrades or new installations
- Provision and installation of hardware
- Flexible range of support services; relief and temporary cover, call-off, SLA's, complete IT outsource
- Provision, installation and support of network, cabling and communication solutions
- IT infrastructure reviews including; security, performance, fault tolerance
- Analysis, design and implementation of services, often involving key business solutions
- Production and implementation of appropriate/best practice IT policies and procedures
- Design and implement appropriate disaster recovery & business continuity plans
- Project Management
- Design and management of office moves and fit-outs, including; all IT equipment, networks, telecoms, structured cabling, Computer Room (inc. AC and power management), security systems, furnishings, refreshment facilities.
Examples of Assignments, Projects and Support arrangements
OCS has undertaken assignments and projects of varying length and complexity, as well as satisfying a variety of IT Infrastructure support and facilities management requirements. The following is a sample of the different type of IT Infrastructure focussed assignments that OCS has undertaken:
- Provision of full facilities management service for a major UK Bank. This 24/7 service included the provision of a Helpdesk, installation and support of IT equipment and support of business critical systems
- Satisfy the support requirements for a private education organisation, consisting of 6 schools and 17 nurseries, using fully CRB checked personnel
- Provision of flexible support services and expertise for an International Insurance Service provider
- Supplement customer IT teams during periods of resource shortages
- Engaged to undertake specific consultancy assignments for a leading international leisure company, including the identification of; an appropriate credit card transaction authorisation solution, an additional card validation solution, a website traffic monitoring solution and a solution to automate the transfer of data from in-shop EPOS' to the head office. Additionally, produced a support strategy to enable customer to support their critical online betting website 24x7
- Undertook assignment for an International Removals and Storage Company which involved analysing network performance at six different sites, with the aim of ascertaining the causes of a variety of performance issues. The analysis involved interviewing users, reviewing log files and server/PC configurations, running OS' performance monitor and using a Network Analyser. A comprehensive document detailing findings and recommendations was produced and presented to the customer
- Undertake independent reviews and audits of IT infrastructures and systems and make recommendations to enhance them and provide additional benefits to the customer in line with their business objectives. Utilising experience gained over many such projects OCS provides everything from giving best advice, through to analysing requirements, designing and specifying solutions, management of suppliers and installation management
- As well as focusing on the technical side of companies IT environments, OCS has also gained experience of looking at IT environments from a legislative and compliance perspective. For example OCS undertook a review of an inter-govermental institution existing IT policies and procedures, which involved agreeing the scope of work, interviewing key personnel, analysing the existing network and policies and subsequently producing a detailed document (including shortcomings and recommended policies for internet usage, email usage, virus scanning, hardware, software and network security).
For further information regarding OCS' IT Infrastructure services please email email@example.com or call 020 8731 4338.