OCS has been providing customers with strategic SAS Business Intelligence Services since 1998 and has been a SAS Institute partner since 1999. With SAS certified consultants, OCS has recently undertaken assignments in the Life Sciences, Finance, Retail and Government sectors, utilising the full range of SAS version 9 software components.
Our SAS Consulting Services Division delivers services and solutions in the following areas:
- SAS® platform support: Installation and configuration, upgrades and migration, SAS® Grid Manager, maintenance and support
- Data integration and business intelligence: SAS® DI Studio, SAS® BI tooling (IDP, EG and WRS) and SAS® Visual Analytics
- Statistical programming, analysis and reporting: SAS programming, Statistics, Validation, CDISC, Macros, Tables, Listings and Figures
- Application Development: Bespoke software with Base SAS®, macro and stored processes
- SAS Solutions: SAS® Fraud Framework, SAS® Enterprise Case Management
- Project Management: Pragmatic, hands-on, background in SAS® technologies and methods e.g. Agile.
SAS Consulting - Profile of Assignments:
Leading Insurance Organisation: Development of several bespoke web applications for the SAS Information Delivery Portal. Projects include:
- creating a dynamic SAS OLAP cube viewer
- implementing integrated security (including Microsoft SharePoint)
- creating Insurance benchmark reports
- online Data Entry application
The system is being actively used by the members of the Insurance Association.
Leading International Bank: Support and maintenance of the SAS environment.
- a SAS environment has been set up in order to support a Technical support service containing 2nd line helpdesk, technical maintenance and support
- Technology: SAS 9.2, CRMB, RMFB, DI Server, Enterprise Guide
A service level agreement, containing pro-active maintenance, helpdesk support on category 1-3 problems, out-of-hours support, monitoring and reporting on the SAS environment and ad-hoc additional technical services.
European Logistics Service: Support and maintenance of the SAS environment.
- Within this Logistics organisation the SAS environment is used as a BI reporting tool using SAS Web report studio. The data preparation is executed using SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Batch jobs
- Technology: SAS 9.2, Enterprise Guide, WRS.
OCS Consulting supports the BI department with the monitoring of batch jobs, generating the DataMart and creating web reports.
Leading Health Insurance Provider: Migration of the client's BI/DI environment from SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.3 and the installation of SAS Visual Analytics (SAS 9.4)
- The migration project included a migration of 2 development servers and 2 production servers. The installation of the new environment was performed on a clean Windows installation, to which the metadata content was migrated. As part of the project, several change requests and improvements were implemented on the new environment
- Technology: SAS 9.2 64 bit W2008R2, BI / DI Server, Enterprise Guide (App-V client), SAS 9.3 64 bit W2008R2, SAS 9.4 Visual Analytics
The migration was completed successfully within time and budget and the environment is now supported by OCS Consulting.
Leading Financial Services Organisation: Migration of the client's SAS environment from SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.3.
- The migration project included the migration of a complete DTAP street and a "self-service" production environment. The project was executed in several stages, migrating D, T, A, P and Self-service. Using this approach, most issues would be encountered and resolved on the Development environment, thereby minimizing required downtime on the production and self-service environment.
- Technology: SAS 9.2 64 bit W2k8/Unix, BI Server, Enterprise Miner, App-V clients, SAS 9.3 64 bit.
The migration was successfully completed on time and within budget. OCS Consulting will now be undertaking the next migration project from SAS 9.3 to SAS 9.4.
Financial Institution: Migration of the client's SAS "Self-Service" environment from SAS 9.13 to SAS 9.3 bit
- Technical and functional migration of the client's "self-service" production environment, used by 10 different departments within the organisation. The system was mainly used for period reporting during which the environment was "frozen" for a number of weeks. The approach was to install the new SAS environment on a new system and then migrate department by department using "trial migrations". During the project several "quick wins" were identified and added to the project scope as change requests.
- Technology: SAS 9.1.3 32 bit W2003, SAS BI Server, Enterprise Guide (Citrix client), SAS 9.3 64 bit W2008R2.
The migration was successfully completed with less than 10% overrun in duration, within budget and before the deadline.
European Parking Services Provider: Installation of the SAS foundations and Visual Analytics.
- The client wanted to give access to their external customers over the internet through SAS Visual Analytics. As SSO was already set up, a fall-back authentication needed to be configured in order for external users to be able to authenticate. Also configuration on external access to both SASVisualAnalyticsViewer and TransportationServices (for Ipad) needed to be done.
- Technology: SAS 9.4 foundations, Visual Analytics 6.3 SMP.
A fully operational SAS Visual Analytics environment with customer requirements is in place.