The flexible extension to your IT team - 30 Years of Making IT Happen
We recognise that bringing in external additions to a technology team isn't always easy; significant time might be spent inducting individuals, only for them to take vital knowledge and skills with them when they leave. At OCS Consulting we focus on the long-term. Our consultants are staff, which means we can offer both flexibility and experience, as well as the assurance that our customers will have consistent support for as long as needed. This coupled with flexible services such as delivery or secondment based makes OCS an extension to your IT team.
Here are some of roles and services we provide:
- Management Consultancy - strategy, change and programme management, commercialisation, business cases, supplier management
- Project Management - methodologies and frameworks, development and support, audit and compliance
- Business Analysis - feasibility studies, requirements analysis, systems specification, data analysis and design
- Infrastructure Consultancy - architecture, networks and communications, server and desktop implementation and support, website performance analysis and tuning
- Quality Control - compliance and assurance, test strategy, planning and management, manual and automated testing
- Custom Software Engineering - Application Development: development lab capable of supporting up to 30 people. Currently working with Java, Microsoft .NET and SharePoint. We also assist clients with technologies, such as Ruby, FoxPro, PowerBuilder, UNIFACE, ADABAS/Natural, SAS Software and others.
Our recent consulting projects include:
- Tysers - new website development, installing and configuring Alterian CMC web CMS, extending with customised plug-ins developed in Microsoft .NET 3.5
- London Markets - electronic placement platform support and integration into evolving electronic trading platform
- AON - online insurance applications and documentation provisioning using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- HMV - product downloads across a variety of browser and mobile platforms
- BAA - program project management application undertaken as an Agile development using Java, JSP
- Argos - software development for multiple PoS devices, including kiosk, mobile and portal devices for queue busting using Java, J2EE, WebSphere and Oracle database
- Reilor Manufacturing - Citrix implementation of desktop infrastructure and applications
- Police Mutual Assurance Society - bespoke development of an online financial account consolidation application using Microsoft .NET 2.0 technology
- British Council - mid-tier websites to support educational initiatives for international, national and individual integration and understanding, based on Immediacy CMS with customised plug-in extensions and bespoke database applications using Microsoft .NET 1.1 and 2.0
- The Arts Council of England - Business Analysis and technical support of an enterprise Grant Management System using OpenACS, including responsibility for data migration and integration
- Self Service Automation - development of a framework based on Open Source using Java to minimise the impact of multiple hardware devices accessing a common business application. Ideal to minimise the costs of supporting a hybrid retail estate, tagging and monitoring environment such as laboratories, business systems interfaces, etc
- Online Flight Information - development of a replacement product for monitoring global flight schedules using Java, Struts Framework, JSP, XML on a Unix platform accessing a DB2 database
- Mobile and PDA software application development for operatives of prime and sub-contractors to maintain up-to-date job management using WinCE
- Various Gaming, eTailing and Insurance websites - Volume, Stress and Load testing using automated tools including Mercury LoadRunner, TestDirector and Empirix software.
For further information regarding OCS consultancy services or if you would like to talk about outsourcing your IT project to us, please contact Linda either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8731 4338.