Microsoft development technologies continue to evolve rapidly into the enterprise, from the classic Visual Basic and SQL Server implementations to the latest in .NET2, .NET3, C# and web services architectures.
Since the mid 1990's OCS' commitment to excellence in developing custom Microsoft applications and delivering high quality accredited OCS Consultant Microsoft developers and resources to work with customers has grown in strength.
- Microsoft accredited OCS staff based developers
- Knowledge sharing and skills transfer
- OCS developers are experienced in a range of business sectors and processes with a broad domain knowledge
- Wide range of complementary services to support projects
- Off-site development facilities to minimise overheads
- Cost effective and competitive fee structures.
OCS has 10+ years experience of delivering a range of solutions based on Microsoft technologies, providing Consultancy, Support and Development for projects both on and off-site. OCS Microsoft developers are in experienced in a range of technologies including:
- C#/C++/Visual Basic (VB)/.NET 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
- Legacy VB6 as well as VB7 and VB8
- SQL Server (7, 2000, 2005)
- Microsoft .NET Compact Framework and PDA/mobile devices
- Windows Forms development
- ASP/ASP.NET development
- SharePoint - both as a collaboration tool and as a document management product
- Windows 2000, 2003 Server technologies
- Desktop Support for Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista.
OCS Consultant developers are experienced in a range of supporting technologies and applications:
- Exporting data for use in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, Visio)
- Internal research and development in new technologies such as Silverlight (for feature rich web content) and WPF (for feature rich windows applications)
- Flash development for websites
- Exporting data to Google Earth
- Integrating web based Java solutions with Microsoft solutions
- Content Management Systems (CMS) for undertaking website development for both intranet and internet applications
- Automated Load Testing Tools
- Configuring and maintaining VPNs
- Oracle and DB2 database
- Linux based systems
- Unix based systems (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX)
- Messaging technologies - MQ Series, EntireX.
Examples of Microsoft assignments
OCS has been providing highly pragmatic, results focused consultancy for over 25 years. The following is a sample of the different types of Microsoft technology based assignments that OCS has recently undertaken:
- Development of an Electronic Submission System (certified by ACORD) in .NET for a leading Insurance Company
- Managed the development of an Administration System in .NET using SOA for a major UK Betting Organisation
- Provision of experienced .NET developer to support an Insurance Underwriter in the development of an Accounts Auditing System
- Provision of a rainfall analysis and reporting system for a major UK Water Company
- Provision of a network planning tool to enable a major global telecoms company plan mobile phone networks
- Managed the development of a .NET on-line Account consolidation system for a Mutual Insurance Company
- Undertook the development in Microsoft .NET of a Training Management System for one of the UK's leading Retail chains
- Provision of an interface between a Java messaging system and a Microsoft web application for a UK Insurance Company.
Careers @ OCS
Microsoft Junior Analyst / Developer - Permanent - Ref: OCS/LOB/MS - CLOSED
OCS Consulting - a Microsoft Gold Partner based in Hertfordshire are recruiting for a number of certified Microsoft .Net Senior Consultants to work on a variety of interesting custom software development and support contracts for corporate customers in London and the South East. Degree educated, the candidate will require extensive Microsoft experience with demonstrable experience of:
- Object Oriented design/UML
- Technical Architecture and Design Patterns
- C# and/or VB.Net
- MS SQL Server 2000 and/or Oracle RDBMS
- XML with experience of web services / SOAP / WDSL
- Team Leading
- SharePoint Portal Server
- SQL Server or Oracle DBA skills
- Windows System Administration
- Automated Testing Tools.
Candidates must have a background in enterprise Client Server and Web application design and development. Individual initiative, effective team working and excellent verbal and written communication is essential to succeed in this customer facing role. This is a long term career opportunity to progress within a growing professional services business and a strong customer service oriented approach is required. Location is Borehamwood, Hertfordshire with the flexibility of being able to travel to customer sites in London and the south-east. Please send CV to email@example.com
For further information regarding OCS' Microsoft services or to discuss our experiences of delivering Microsoft projects. please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8236 7777.