In an increasingly competitive and dynamic market place, OCS has helped its customers maintain their market position by delivering IT services and solutions that are geared towards the needs of their business and projects.
OCS' staff possess a variety of technical skills that can be provided to its clients as either independent resources on a time and deliverable basis or can work as teams delivering software development services.
OCS' consultants and developers can integrate into IT departments on a full-time, part-time, short-term or long-term basis either operating independently or as part of your project team. Our staff consultants, programmers, developers and testers work on a similar basis to contractor resource but with the advantages that they can be utilized more effectively as required, allowing peaks and troughs to be managed and giving long term continuity of knowledge once an assignment or project has been completed.
- Software Development: Java/J2EE, Microsoft .NET, SharePoint, Ruby, PowerBuilder, UNIFACE, Progress/OPENEDGE, Informix 4GL, C/C++, Oracle Developer
- Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, MS Access, Informix
- Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat
- Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Brio, SAS, Crystal Reports
- Content Management: Immediacy, SiteKit
- Middleware: MQ Series, MS MQ, EntireX, Tuxedo
- Design Tools: Rational Rose, Designer 2000, PowerDesigner
- Test Tools: Mercury Interactive (TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner), Empirix e-Test Suite, Rational Robot
In order to supplement OCS' staff based capacity, OCS has over the years developed a pool of associate and contractor resource to allow our customers to meet short-falls in their resource needs. Often made up of ex-clients, staff and long-term proven contractors OCS' associate base work to the same high standards of quality delivery and flexibility and due to their relationship with OCS can in most cases provide much needed continuity.
Microsoft Development and Consultancy Services
Microsoft development technologies continue to evolve rapidly into the enterprise, from the classic Visual Basic and SQL Server implementations to the latest in SharePoint, .NET2, .NET3, C# and web services architectures. Since the mid 1990's OCS' commitment to excellence in developing custom Microsoft applications and delivering top quality accredited OCS Microsoft developers and resources to work with customers has grown in strength.
Examples of Microsoft assignments:
- Microsoft developers undertook the development of an Electronic Submission System in .NET for a leading Insurance Company
- Managed the development of an Administration System in .NET using SOA for a major UK Betting Organisation
- Provision of experienced .NET developer resource to support an Insurance Underwriter in the development of an Administration System
- Managed the development of a .NET on-line Account consolidation system for a Mutual Insurance Company
- Undertook the development in Microsoft .NET of a Training Management System for one of the UK's leading Retail chains
- Delivered a Content Management System to a Government Department using SharePoint 2007 technology
- The development of a Document Management Solution for a Trust using SharePoint 2007 Server technology
- The development of an internal CV Management System and a Consultant Timesheet System using SharePoint 2007 Designer.
Java Development and Consultancy Services
In response to the wide-spread adoption of Java/J2EE as an industry standard, OCS has developed a core competence in the design and development of Java software solutions using best practice standards. OCS provides a full range of Java services with accredited Java Developers tailored to the needs of its customers. From a single day consultancy to fully managed projects, OCS has the management and technical skills to deliver consistently high quality services.
Examples of Java assignments:
- Application System Support outsource - services include transition management, BAU support, Agile development services, Java 1.6, JFS, EJB3.0, Hibernate, JPA, Glassfish 2.1
- Development of a Java based self service kiosk for a major UK Retailer (this team consisted of 4 Java Developers)
- Provision of Java/J2EE developer team to support the development of a major on-line gaming site
- Supply of an on-shore Java team to a major publisher for the development of information systems
- Consultancy and the formulation of a web strategy for the conversion of an in-house ADABAS/Natural system to either a Java or Microsoft based environment
- Support of Java, Websphere and DB2 systems for a major UK Retailer.
Having been established for over 25 years, OCS has gained and retained significant knowledge and experience of legacy technologies and platforms going back to mainframe and client server as well as the latest in web based technologies with customer projects being undertaken by experienced programmers, analyst programmers and developers.
OCS has an established history in the areas of ADABAS/Natural and Cobol for mainframe, PowerBuilder, UNIFACE and classic Microsoft Visual Basic VB6, and databases such as Sybase, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server, OCS today continues to deliver valuable resources and services to our customers around these legacy technologies.
ADABAS/Natural Consultancy, Development and Support
In 1988 due to the demands of its customers OCS established its ADABAS/Natural Division focusing on technical consultancy and application development services using Software AG's Natural, Bolero, EntireX, ADABAS and later XML technologies. OCS provided and continues to provide ADABAS/Natural development, upgrades and migrations, ADABAS database design and administration, flexible remote and on-site support of ADABAS/Natural applications along with proven skills in web, client server and mainframe integration.
Examples of ADABAS/Natural assignments:
- Provision of project management consultancy to manage a large team undertaking the analysis design, development and implementation of core ADABAS/Natural applications in an IBM host environment for an International Insurance Group
- Project management and resourcing of a large team to undertake the analysis, design, development and implementation of a subscription management application using ADABAS/Natural and Predict for an International Satellite Communication Group
- Support and maintenance for a major ADABAS/Natural system on a DEC/VAX environment for a Commercial Insurance Organisation
- Provision of an eight person outsourcing team to undertake analysis, design and programming roles during the redevelopment of all in-house ADABAS/Natural applications.
UNIFACE Consultancy, Development and Support
OCS has been a leading UNIFACE provider since 1991 when it established its subsidiary Database Solutions. OCS authored the best selling book - An Introduction to UNIFACE Six, selling over 30,000 copies worldwide, 15,000 copies to the vendor of UNIFACE - Compuware. OCS has continued to provide UNIFACE based services, which include support of UNIFACE based solutions, migration of UNIFACE applications to alternative languages as well as migrating to UNIFACE version 8 and UNIFACE version 9. UNIFACE consultancy remains a core niche technology and OCS' UNIFACE consultants have moved with the times, providing services that go beyond the core UNIFACE language elements of UNIFACE based development.
Examples of UNIFACE assignments:
- Porting of an existing UNIFACE application to UNIFACE Six including the introduction of new GUI features for an International Airline Service
- Design and development of a subscription administration system, using Sybase and UNIFACE to very short timescales, implementing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for an Insurance Marketing Services company
- Provision of long term skills for the redevelopment of a core property management application in UNIFACE, away from a mainframe solution for an International Property company
- Provision of client server, UNIFACE and MAC expertise for a VPN database, centralising control and improving information management within the company. The UNIFACE application development environment provided the necessary cross-platform capability between Oracle and HP
- Managed and undertook the migration of a major commercial property insurance administration system. The project included migration of UNIFACE Six and Sybase 11 to UNIFACE Seven and Sybase 12.5, re-platforming of the application within an EDS data centre and full regression testing.
Sybase/PowerBuilder Consultancy, Development and Support
OCS has been providing Sybase consultancy services since 1991 and in early 1996 OCS expanded its Sybase offering to include the provision of consultancy services to users of PowerBuilder. OCS focuses on providing a full range of project management and client server technical services to customers with expertise in PowerBuilder development tools and Sybase database products. OCS provides experienced PowerBuilder consultants from Project Managers to developers and Sybase database administrators for short and long-term assignments.
Examples of Sybase/PowerBuilder assignments:
- PowerBuilder support services for a large London based financial institution
- Analysis, design and implementation of a property rent and yield analysis system developed in PowerBuilder and MS SQL Server with OLE interfaces to an Excel spreadsheet for an International Property Management Group
- Development project to enhance a core subscriber management and billing system to enable the introduction of Pay Per View services to cable TV customers. Developed with PowerBuilder, Sybase ASE in a Windows environment for an International Telecommunications Group
- Design and development in PowerBuilder and Sybase of a financial system to reconcile credit agreements against orders for a leading UK Retail chain
- Provision of expert advice and guidance on the use of PowerBuilder in an n-tier architecture Global Clearance system, comprising hands-on coaching, implementation of best practice and application design reviews for a Worldwide Shipping Organisation.
OCS has been providing customers with strategic SAS Business Intelligence Services since 1998 and has been a SAS Institute partner since 1999. OCS has recently undertaken assignments in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Finance and Telco sectors, utilising the full range of SAS version 9 software components.
Examples of SAS assignments:
- The development of a portal environment for an association of Dutch insurers using the SAS Information Delivery Portal
- Producing clinical trial reports using SAS software for Phase I, II and III
- An OCS managed team undertaking the implementation of CFO Vision for a UK Government Department.
For further information regarding OCS' technical consultancy and development services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8236 7777.