OCS has been developing mission critical business applications using modern client/server and distributed computing technologies since the mid 1990's.
In response to the wide-spread adoption of Java/J2EE as an industry standard, OCS has developed a core competence in the design and development of Java software solutions using best practice standards and the best Java Developers.
OCS provides a full range of Java services tailored to our client's needs. From a single day consultancy to a large, fully managed project, OCS has the management and technical skills to deliver consistently high quality services.
Java Application Development:
- Object oriented analysis and design with UML
- Experienced Java Developers for design patterns including MVC and Struts
- Service oriented architecture design and configuration
- Java/J2EE application design and development
- Multi-vendor database support
- Multi-vendor application server support
- Multi-platform support (Windows, Unix, OS/390)
- Functional, load and regression testing with automated tools.
Application Support and Maintenance:
- Outsourced application support
- Technical help-desk
- Call-off technical support.
Enterprise Application Integration:
- Application integration with JCA, RMI and JMS
- Web services and SOAP
- Microsoft COM application integration with JavaBeans Bridge.
- Technology selection and proof of concept
- Software upgrades and migrations
- System audits and quality assurance
- Performance and tuning
- Tailored training and skills transfer.
Betfair - a Leading Global on-line Gaming Company
Provision of a managed team of Java Developers working in close conjunction with the Betfair team to design, develop and implement an innovative on-line gaming product - Multiples. In addition to delivering a rich client experience through the use of
Agile development methods were utilised to maximise the productivity of the Java Developer team whilst accommodating refinement of the functional specification throughout the project. Following successful delivery of the project, core members of the OCS team were retained to provide post-implementation support before moving onto the next phase of development.
Technologies: Java/J2EE, EJB, JSP, JBoss, SOAP (AXIS), Oracle 9i, Managed Beans, Struts, Tangosol, Eclipse.
OCS has provided
- HR systems linked to corporate payroll using MQ Series
- e-Learning solution with fully integrated multi-media content
- Price Ticket Print solution integrated with a specialised print distribution package
- Kiosk Quick Pay EPOS application integrated with centralised finance and stock ordering systems.
Technologies: Java/J2EE, DB2, Websphere, MQ Series, MySQL, Apache.
Careers @ OCS
Java Developer x2 - Permanent - Ref: OCS/LOB/Java Developer
OCS Consulting requires 2 experienced Java Developers/Analysts to join an established and highly skilled team undertaking a variety of challenging projects and application management assignments for corporate clients. Essential attributes:
- a developer with a solid IT background with a minimum of 4 years application software design, development and support on Windows and Unix platforms minimum 2 years Java (including RMI, Thread Management) and J2EE (JSP's and Servlets) experience.
- knowledge of design patterns, ideally MVC and Struts in depth RDBMS and SQL experience, ideally DB2 and MySQL
- good exposure to application servers, ideally Tomcat and Websphere
- the successful developer must have demonstrable experience of OO analysis and design, ideally using UML/Rational Rose.
- a developer with Retail experience paricularly regarding self service point of sale devices and payment technology would be beneficial
- Individual initiative, effective team working and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to succeed in this client facing role.
This is a long term career opportunity to progress within a growing professional services business and a strong client service oriented approach is required. This role is based at head-office in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire with regular client visits in