OCS Consulting - PowerBuilder Solutions - for more detailed information on our PowerBuilder Services, please visit www.ocs-powerbuilder.com
OCS PowerBuilder Solutions is a specialist PowerBuilder Consultancy with an experienced team of PowerBuilder Developers delivering services to Clients globally. OCS first began providing PowerBuilder based consultancy, application development, migration expertise, maintenance and support services in the 1990s. Many businesses continue to benefit from their PowerBuilder application and database systems, often extending their input via integration with new platforms and interface that OCS has assisted with the implementation.
We provide PowerBuilder Solutions across the UK, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium and offer remote support to countries outside the EU. Specialist domain expertise including Automotive, Retail, Financial Services, Not for Profit and Insurance. Together with experienced Developers and our leading Clients, OCS has the knowledge and experience to define, implement and support an appropriate PowerBuilder Solution for your business.
A broad and varied range of PowerBuilder based Clients use OCS' PowerBuilder Service to sustain and extend their PowerBuilder application suite. Securing existing or pursuing new value from the PowerBuilder suite is guaranteed with OCS' PowerBuilder Service.
Appeon's PowerBuilder 2017 release reactivated business focus on PowerBuilder applications, initially providing updates to maintain support for PowerBuilder 12.6 and below as from June 2018 these versions are out of support. Today the focus is on getting the most from .NET web services and assembly targets, designed with interoperability, security and performance.
Founded in 1994, OCS PowerBuilder Solutions is a specialist division of OCS Consulting plc established since 1984.
If you require help for your established PowerBuilder applications and are looking to speak to an experienced PowerBuilder Developer, then drop an email to James or call +44(0) 20 8731 4335 to discuss how our experience and capability can bring value to your business.
Examples of PowerBuilder (Appeon) projects:
- Upgrade of a Belgium banks PowerBuilder applications from 12.5 to 2017R3, including moving to a GIT versions control system, and resolution of a number of long term bugs.
- Provided a team of PowerBuilder resources to extend a Global natural resources companies team for a significant project to enhance, upgrade and extend their business critical trading system. PowerBuilder 2019, Oracle 19c.
- Upgrade of a Belgium Logistics companies applications from PowerBuilder 7.0 / SQL Server 2008 to PowerBuilder 2019R3 / SQL Server 2019.
- Provided PowerBuilder Resource to update a PowerBuilder Insurance Claims Management System to provide web and smart device access to claimants and assessors whilst at remote locations.
- Migration for Health Insurance Systems for multiple UN Agencies from PowerBuilder 7 / SQL Server 2000 to PowerBuilder 12.6 / SQL 2012, and the subsequently to PowerBuilder 2019R3 / SQL Server 2019.
- PowerBuilder consultancy for assessing and recommending technology upgrades to the IT platform as well as advising on integration and web services for a large London based financial institution.
- Operational Support for a national financial services consortium's PowerBuilder applications overseeing contract administration and reporting, including provision of an end client portal with portfolio and product performance and visualisation capabilities.
- Providing a team of PowerBuilder Developers to upgrade project from v12 to v12.5.1 / SQL Server 2008 - 2012 of a core business system for a global motor manufacturer in their Warranty, Parts and Dealer areas.
- Analysis, design and implementation of a property rent and yield analysis system developed in PowerBuilder and MS SQL Server with OLE interfaces to an Excel spreadsheet for an international Property Management Group.
- Business as Usual (BAU), development and maintenance (including upgrades from 12.6 to 2017R3 and then 2019R3) for PowerBuilder systems that support the UK warranty business of a global automotive organisation, including an on-client site service desk.
- Designed and delivered a national resource management system to model a branch network exceeding 3000 sites. The modelling component was refreshed monthly from the mainframe central systems as well as several PoS applications. It was identified that the modelling was capturing, cleansing, storing and analytically structuring the data more accurately and timely than the central Data Warehouse, so an extension to provide Branch BI (KPI Dashboards, MI Reporting, Analytical Cubes) was provided.
- Designed and built a PowerBuilder financial system to reconcile credit agreements against orders for a leading UK Retail chain.
- Provision of expert advice and guidance on the use of PowerBuilder in an n-tier architecture Global clearance system, comprising hands-on coaching, implementation of best practice and application design reviews for a Worldwide Shipping Organisation.
If you would like to talk to us about our PowerBuilder development, consultancy, migration, support, project and outsource services, email James or call +44 (0) 20 8731 4335.