OCS Computer Services
OCS Computer Services is a local IT support company that is committed to working with its clients to provide reliable, consistent and secure computer systems that meet their current and future needs.
Being a small medium sized company, OCS understands the reliance that similar businesses have on email, the internet, local systems and back-ups both for day to day working but also for future growth. OCS works with its clients to deliver exactly what is needed, when it is needed and within reasonable cost constraints.
Having been in business for 25 years OCS supplies its IT services in a professional, responsive and flexible manner, tailoring those services to client needs. Whether you are starting out needing minimal cover; growing and wanting to supplement some dedicated in house skills or simply looking to see how you can run your systems more cost effectively, then OCS can help you. OCS can provide a range of services as detailed below as well as advising and giving you the reassurance that OCS will do what is needed to keep you going.
OCS has achieved extremely high ratings from their customers with 9 out of 10 being prepared to recommend OCS to their colleagues. If you want to try out a new more personal type of IT service then please call on +44 (0) 20 8236 7777.
IT Support Services
- Installation, configuration and support of Microsoft products
- Firewall, Anti-virus, Anti-spam, VPN and web filtering solutions
- Software migrations, upgrades or new installations
- Provision and installation of hardware
- Flexible range of support services, relief and temporary cover, call-off, SLA's, IT outsource
- Provision, installation and support of network, cabling and communication solutions
- Network reviews; security, performance, fault tolerance
- Analysis, design and implementation services.
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Experienced certified technicians and consultants
- Flexible and responsive services to meet all needs
- Commitment to client satisfaction
- Cost effective and efficient
- Reliable and dependable with over 80% of our business from previous clients
- Demonstrable track record of assisting clients with their outsource, IT support, infrastructure and technical needs
- Partnerships with leading vendors.
Major UK Bank - protecting Business Critical Systems
- Challenge: Series of server based applications that did not suit remote hosting and therefore did not fall within the bank's corporate IT service provisioning. Additionally, significant business solutions development team that required frequent ad-hoc access to servers and telecommunications network and equipment
- Solution: 24x7 service cover with a 12 hours per day on-site team that operate a Service Desk with full IT services
- Services: Helpdesk captures incidents and makes requests for new installations, upgrades, migrations and enhancements. Servers (UNIX NT) and desktop/laptop PCs (NT W2K workstation) are supported, including procurement and configuration of new units, upgrades and customisations.
Public Relations - expanding capacity of IT budget
- Challenge: Business demands were not being satisfied by existing IT team, pressure to expand team whilst business striving to reduce IT spend
- Solution: A flexible agreement that allows the client to utilise 144 days of effort per annum on a number of different services to ensure IT systems meet business requirements, including upgrades, replacements and re-designs. OCS implemented some remote services as a strategy towards reducing effort applied
- Services: Helpdesk initial contact point for five service offerings, namely system failure support, system monitoring, user support, system projects and planned maintenance and IT strategy and planning.
Manufacturing - meeting new business demands
- Challenge: New financial system required upgrading infrastructure. Existing external IT service provider was struggling to provide operational services and forcing the client into contract default position with financial system provider. Solution required for UK needs as well as integration of USA subsidiary to occur within a three month window
- Solution: OCS upgraded IT infrastructure over a three month period - phasing in new systems with some parallel running as deemed appropriate. A temporary IT environment was established within a week of project commencement to enable the financial system project to proceed as scheduled. Support is based on a 156 day effort capacity delivered remotely and on-site
- Services: Helpdesk initial contact point for five service offerings with two scheduled on-site days per week.
Distribution - getting new business established
- Challenge: Establish a new distribution operation with a six week period and whilst the facilities were being prepared and personnel recruited
- Solution: OCS designed and implemented a "green field" IT environment within 4 weeks to support the business plan for the initial forecasted 12 months of operation. Support is based on a 72 day effort capacity delivered remotely and on-site
- Services: Helpdesk initial contact point for five service offerings. OCS also took responsibility for third party management of suppliers such as telecommunications, financial systems, product management solution and marketing until the responsible personnel were engaged. One day a week on-site support scheduled.
Financial Services (Not for Profits) - recovering from poor supplier
- Challenge: Assist the client to exit an existing IT agreement that was not delivering and had been paid in advance
- Solution: OCS participated in negotiations to encourage the supplier to provide as much service support as possible to satisfy contracted position. OCS designed a new infrastructure environment based on re-use of current investments, whilst also introducing disaster recover and business continuity planning into the IT solution. Cost of exit from poor supplier offset by reduced hosting, networking and servicing costs
- Services: Helpdesk initial point of contact for five service offerings. Support based on a mixed delivery team and significant use of remote access methods. Alternate one and two day on-site presence provided weekly.
Food Processing - covering staff outage
- Challenge: Supplement IT support team during periods of resources shortages
- Solution: OCS provides key contacts to liaise and co-ordinate the provisioning of relief staff as required
- Services: Technicians and Senior Consultants to provide operational support and strategic review and audit as required.
For further information on OCS Computer Services' Outsource, IT Support, Infrastructure and Technical Services please email: firstname.lastname@example.org